Stir n’ Swirl - An end of vintage winemaking celebration in Margaret River.
- Duration: 4 Days (approx.)
- Location: MARGARET RIVER, Western Australia
- Product code: EYVS'N'S
“With wine and hope, anything is possible.” - Spanish proverb
Vintage is complete. No more pre-dawn and late night grape picking sessions. No more worry about rain, hail, storms, heat, sunburn or drought. Winemakers' shoulders drop, a sigh of relief is had and it’s one of the most anticipated times of the year in the winemaking calendar.
The grapes have been picked and the harvest is done for another year. Now all the action continues in the winery and it’s time to celebrate the end of vintage.
This four-day winemaking and food + wine immersion is curated and facilitated by Cassandra Charlick. A freelance travel and wine writer, Cassandra writes for Halliday magazine, Gourmet Traveller Wine magazine, Delicious. magazine, Escape magazine and many more publications.
She’s a reviewer for the WA Good Food Guide and presenter on Channel Nine’s Our State on a Plate.
You’ll be privy to insider wine travel tips, behind the scenes insider knowledge and a side of Margaret River that you’ve never seen before, no matter how many times you’ve holidayed here – or how many bottles of Margs Cab Sav you’ve sipped.
Due to the intimate nature of this experience, places are limited and strictly first come, first served.
Our Stir n’ Swirl end of vintage winemaking celebration includes the following
- 4 nights luxury accommodation in either twin share or double. Twin-share includes a king bed and private ensuite per person.
- All meals and beverages
- A private chef (with an Australian Good Food Guide hat and in the WA top 50 three years running) for the entirety of your stay, carefully curating each dish to pair with the wine you’ll be exploring.
- A day in the vineyard and winery making small batch syrah with Sasha and Ben MacDonald: owners, farmers and winemakers of Glenarty Road. Glenarty Road recently won Western Australia’s top Regional Restaurant of the Year in the WA Good Food Guide Awards. Cheese or sausage making session and paddock to plate lunch.
- A day of hiking through the Margaret River region with a private guide. Uncover secret picnic spots that connect you with the true sense of place and indulge in a delicious local lunch with paired wines that speak of the landscape you have been hiking through.
- Immerse yourself in a day of red wine vintage at LS Merchant, a boutique winery. Learn first-hand how small batch winemaking is done and taste red wine straight off the press.
- A decadent autumnal feast and private tasting with one of Margaret River’s most respected and awarded winemaker. Young Gun of Wine finalist 2018, 2020 and 2022 and runner up Halliday Best New Winery 2022.
- All transfers from arrival through until departure.
- Plenty more wine filled surprises