Pick n' Sip – Experience Margaret River as a winemaker
- Duration: 4 Days (approx.)
- Location: MARGARET RIVER, Western Australia
- Product code: EYVP'N'S
“All great wines start in the vineyard”
It makes sense then, that if you really want to understand how great wine is made, that you get out amongst the wines. Join wine and travel journalist Cassandra Charlick, and one of Margaret River’s highest accoladed winemakers in this intimate and intensive four-day winemaking immersion during Margaret River’s white vintage
Join us for an experience like no other, a true vintage immersion where you’ll get the real deal when it comes to winemaking life during harvest. You’ll get your hands messy picking grapes, you’ll learn what winemakers look for in a great wine, and how they make it. From perfect ripeness, picking technique, how to preserve grape freshness, right through to all the action in the winery - you'll get it all. Of course, there will be plenty of time to relax and enjoy great wine too, as well as lazy sun-drenched vintage lunches amongst the vines, and a surprise
morning adventure on two wheels soaking up the region’s terroir and wine-making history.
This four-day winemaking immersion is curated and facilitated by Cassandra Charlick. A freelance travel and wine writer, Cassandra writes for Halliday magazine, Gourmet Traveller Wine magazine, Delicious. magazine, Escape magazine, and many more publications.
She’s a reviewer for the WA Good Food Guide and presenter on Channel Nine’s Our State on a Plate.
You’ll be privy to insider wine travel tips, behind-the-scenes insider knowledge, and a side of Margaret River that you’ve never seen before, no matter how many times you’ve holidayed here - or how many bottles of Margs Chardy you’ve sipped.
Our Pick n’ Sip immersive winemaking retreat includes the following:
- 4 nights boutique accommodation in either twin share or double. Twin share includes a king bed and private ensuite per person.
- All meals and beverages.
- A private chef (with an Australian Good Food Guide hat and in the WA top 50 restaurants three years running) for the entirety of your stay, carefully curating each dish to pair with the wine you’ll be exploring.
- Two days of vineyard and winery immersion with one of the region’s highest accoladed and ground-breaking winemakers (and an extremely fun guy to learn about wine from), Dylan Arvidson of LS Merchants. Young Gun of Wine 2020 finalist and 2022 Halliday Wine Companion Awards Best New Winery runner up.
- An afternoon and lunch with Sasha and Ben MacDonald, owners, farmers and winemakers of Glenarty Road. Glenarty Road recently won Western Australia’s top Regional Restaurant of the Year in the WA Good Food Guide Award.
- All transfers from arrival through until departure.
- Plenty more wine filled surprises.