Beneath the Surface - Truffles, pinot n' produce: Pemberton's earthly delights
- Duration: 4 Days (approx.)
- Location: Pemberton, Western Australia
- Product code: EYVB'T'S
“God made Cabernet Sauvignon, whereas the Devil made Pinot Noir.” — Andre Tchelistcheff.
In the vineyard, the winter rain refills our waterways and brings welcome respite while the vines settle into hibernation until they are ready for new life. Now is the time to slow down, rug up, and savour the many earthly delights that the winter encourages.
Truffles, dark chocolate, freshwater fish, marron, venison, and pork are all in abundance. Join us as we sit around the fire with a sublime bottle or two of Pinot and share stories, contemplating what the past vintage was like alongside hopes for the next.
This five-day food + wine immersion is curated and facilitated by Cassandra Charlick and Stepan Libricky.
A freelance travel and wine writer, Cassandra writes for Halliday magazine, Gourmet Traveller Wine magazine, Delicious. magazine, Escape magazine and many more publications. She’s a reviewer for the WA Good Food Guide and presenter on Channel Nine’s Our State on a Plate.
With over 20 years of experience, Stepan's career includes hotel operations, immersive wine tourism, and tourism development for names such as Hilton Hotels (Europe and across Australia), Xanadu Wines and Leeuwin Estate.
You’ll be privy to wine travel tips, meet some legendary winemakers, access behind the scenes insider knowledge and dive deeper into the otherworldly magic of Pemberton.
Due to the intimate nature of this experience, places are limited and strictly first come, first served.
Please note that the itinerary is a guide only, seasonal variances may occur due to agricultural operations.
Beneath the Surface Truffles, pinot n' produce: Pemberton's retreat includes the following
- 4 nights of luxury accommodation set amidst one of Pemberton's most picturesque truffle forests (twin-share or double) on a private estate.
- All meals and beverages
- Mel Kokoti is your private chef for the entirety of your stay. With an Australian Good Food Guide hat and placed in the WA top 50 three years running, she’ll carefully curate each dish to highlight the wine you’ll be exploring.
- Rug up for an early morning truffle hunt with Dion Range, owner and operator of the Stonebarn Trufferie. Learn about his love of the soil and what grows under the surface. The mud on your boots will be worth it when you savour his truffles amongst the oak trees, washed down by a glass or two of local Pinot.
- An afternoon with one of the region’s influential wine families. Join either Picardy’s owner and winemaker Dan Pannell in the winery discussing various clone impact in Pemberton Pinot winemaking, or the Radomiljac family in the picturesque and significant vineyards of Pemberley of Pemberton. Continue the discovery of their wines and hear about their favourites over an evening fire-side chat and scrumptious dinner.
- A hands-on experience with Mikey and Alexa at their Pemberton Honey Company. Follow the journey of their elixir of life from beehive to jar; learn about the care, harvest and production of honey and finish with making your own candle from their bee wax.
- A day of hiking through the towering Karri forests. Uncover secret picnic spots that connect you with the true sense of place and indulge in a delicious campfire rustic lunch. Paired wines speak of the landscape you have been hiking through, and perhaps a sweet treat and a nip of something a bit stronger to warm up.
- Savour freshly caught and cooked rainbow trout and marron overlooking the Warren River while learning about aquaculture and sustainability practices of the local farmers.
- A Pinot Noir masterclass followed by a decadent wintery feast featuring the likes of Lillian Wines, one of the region’s most highly sought after and interesting producers.
- Specially curated wine tasting and an Italian-inspired gala dinner. Take a trip to other famed truffle regions of the world and understand why their wines pair perfectly with truffle. From Piemonte onwards, journey the globe via your glass.
- All transfers from arrival through until departure.
- Plenty more wine filled surprises.