From Italy with love: In the footsteps of Margaret River’s Italian winemakers
- Duration: 4 Days (approx.)
- Location: Wilyabrup, Western Australia
- Product code: EYVFIWL
“La vita è una combinazione di pasta e magia. Life is a combination of pasta and
magic.” - Federico Fellini.
Margaret River has drawn some incredible winemaking and culinary talent from Italy over the years, thanks to its wonderful produce, world-class grape growing conditions and a welcoming Western Australian Italian community.
Take a journey through Margaret River's "Little Italy" and meet the winemakers crafting some of the region's most in-demand wines, learn about their Italian heritage and their continental winemaking inspiration. Of course, in Italy wine and food go hand in hand, so you'll be indulging in regional Italian feasts alongside local wines and those imported from Northern Italy.
This five-day food + wine immersion is curated and facilitated by Cassandra Charlick and Stepan Libricky.
A freelance travel and wine writer, Cassandra writes for Halliday magazine, Gourmet Traveller Wine magazine, Delicious. magazine, Escape magazine and many more publications. She’s a reviewer for the WA Good Food Guide and presenter on Channel Nine’s Our State on a Plate.
With over 20 years of experience, Stepan's career includes hotel operations, immersive wine tourism, and tourism development for names such as Hilton Hotels (Europe and across Australia), Xanadu Wines and Leeuwin Estate.
You’ll be privy to wine travel tips, meet some legendary winemakers, access behind-the-scenes insider knowledge and dive deeper into the Italian magic found in Margaret River.
Due to the intimate nature of this experience, places are limited and strictly first come, first served.
Our From Italy with love: In the footsteps of Margaret River’s Italian winemakers retreat includes the following:
- 4 nights luxury accommodation at Larry Cherubino's private estate. Daily signature breakfast experience and daily aperitive hour.
- All meals, beverages and transfers for the duration of your stay
- Italian-inspired feasting throughout your stay. You’ll be looked after by Earn Your Vino’s private chef, Mel Kokoti whose accolades include an Australian Good Food Guide hat and having been placed in the WA top 50 three years running.
- Set the bar with our welcome dinner at the Larry Cherubino homestead with the selection of his Piemonte wines matched to a delicate Italian fair.
- Lace-up an apron and get ready for a hands-on experience making handmade sausages with Rob Gherardi, the winemaker and co-owner of boutique winery Mr. Barval. Rob’s Italian heritage and winemaking experience in Italy are evident in the small-batch wines he crafts. Feast on your hand-made lunch amongst the barrels.
- A morning amongst the biodynamic vineyards and in the winery with McHenry Hohnen’s Head Winemaker Jacopo “Japo” Dalli Cani. Afterwards, join Murray McHenry for an intimate “meet the maker” experience; a rustic Italian provincial long lunch in the barrel hall, with McHenry Hohnen paired wines.
- Savour a hearty campfire Italian stew and journey from Margaret River to Northern Italy with Larry Cherubino Wines after a coastal hike amongst the region’s pristine terroir with local guide Dianne James.
- Four evenings filled with decadent Italian trattoria feasts and a trip around Northern Italy, paired with private wine tastings from Margaret River’s Italian winemaker guests. Travel around the globe via your tastebuds and wineglass.
- Plenty more wine-filled surprises.