The French Connection - Celebrate the region's French influnce and joy de vivre
- Duration: 4 Days (approx.)
- Location: Margaret River, Western Australia
- Product code: EYVFC
This five-day food + wine immersion is curated and facilitated by Cassandra Charlick and Stepan Libricky.
A freelance travel and wine writer, Cassandra writes for Halliday magazine, Gourmet Traveller Wine magazine, Delicious. magazine, Escape magazine and many more publications. She’s a reviewer for the WA Good Food Guide and presenter on Channel Nine’s Our State on a Plate.
With over 20 years of experience, Stepan's career includes hotel operations, immersive wine tourism, and tourism development for names such as Hilton Hotels (Europe and across Australia), Xanadu Wines and Leeuwin Estate.
You’ll be privy to wine travel tips, meet some legendary winemakers, access behind the scenes insider knowledge and dive deeper into the Italian magic found in Margaret River.
Due to the intimate nature of this experience, places are limited and strictly first come, first served.
Our 'French Connection' retreat includes the following:
- 4 nights luxury accommodation set amidst one of Margaret River's most private estates
- All meals and beverages
- Mel Kokoti is your private chef for the entirety of your stay. With an Australian Good Food Guide hat and placed in the WA top 50 three years running, she’ll carefully curate each dish to highlight the wine you’ll be exploring.
- Delve into the stylistic difference between Rhone Valley’s iconic varietal, Syrah and Margaret River’s Shiraz, under the expert guidance of Bruce Dukes at Domaine Naturaliste. Bruce is one of the region's most accolated winemakers and a great syrah lover. His passion will come through a day of vineyard walks, intimate wine benchmark tasting, and a French feast fit for a king.
- With one of the stalwarts of the classic Bordeaux varietals, Chardonnay and Cabernet, Clive Otto of Fraser Gallop is the right man to guide you through the two wines that made Margaret River world recognised region. Learn the differences between vintages in an exclusive benchmark tasting of Fraser Gallops’ iconic wines. Accompany Clive to a multi-course dinner celebrating al things Bordeaux.
- A hands-on experience with Romain at his Maison Lassiaille patisserie. Follow the journey of this master of all things sweet; learn about the delicate desserts he produces and finish with making your own delectable morning tea.
- Specially curated wine tasting celebrating all things bubbly, sparkling and Champagne. Where best to learn of all things sparkling than at Howard Park Wines, the home to the Marchand & Burch collection.
- Complete ‘tour de France with a cider and crepes at the Bistro Breton.
- All transfers from arrival through until departure.
- Plenty more wine-filled surprises.