Meet the Maker, Be the Maker – A day of wine blending with LS Merchants
- Duration: 7 Hours (approx.)
- Location: MARGARET RIVER, Western Australia
- Product code: BTM-LSM
Embark on a hands-on sensory journey, hosted by an award-winning winemaker and respected wine educator at this private and intimate winery experience.
- ‘Meet the Maker’. Enjoy a welcome refreshment on arrival and meet Dylan Arvidson, owner and winemaker of LS Merchants, one of Margaret River’s most respected and awarded winemakers and a “young gun” of the Western Australian scene. It’s time to get ready for your team challenge.
- ‘Be the Maker’. Get your masterclass on red wine blending and create your own blend in this full day of hands-on activity. Under the guidance of the winemaking team, learn the intricate art of blending wine and understand why winemakers use different varieties, vintages, and fruit parcels to achieve their vision.
- Relax and enjoy a private tasting of selected wines from different wine regions of Western Australia. Dylan will present some of LS Merchants most sought-after wines, and some of his personal favourites to highlight the stylistic consistency of the portfolio and the variation that terroir and vintage can provide. Pre-lunch snacks will accompany this diverse tasting lineup.
-Feast on a long-table, immersive ‘farm to harvest’ lunch or dinner. Guests are treated to a decadent meal focused on provenance and nestled in a secret location amongst the barrels of the winery. Your private chef for the day will provide a culinary journey, paying homage to the seasonal and regional cuisine we all crave for. (no smears, no foams, no blankets, no smoke & mirrors).
-LS Merchants will introduce four more wines for this feast: iconic varietals and wines, and a special surprise wine that is guaranteed to be the first taste for all.
-The day-long journey will conclude with the presentation of the winning blend and a reward for everyone. Perhaps your wine will be the best blend of the day?
Throughout the day you’ll learn about sustainable farming practices, understand the land we walk on, and discover what low-intervention winemaking is all about, and finish with an immersive wine tasting.
NOTE: For groups of smaller size, a minimum charge of 10 pax applies
NOTE: For an afternoon to dinner option select the 3 PM time-slot
NOTE: This can be provided as a private Perth based event.
Enquire for further details.